I plan to work tirelessly to make things happen in Congress on behalf of, and for the betterment of, the American People, especially those of the 49th Congressional District!
Here is a list of the things I will accomplish as your Representative in Congress:
- Unless excused for a legitimate purpose (illness, etc.), attend all sessions of Congress and vote on all matters;
- Represent and advocate the interests of (i) the People of the 49th District, (ii) citizens of the State of California, and (iii) the American People;
- Draft and introduce legislation;
Articulate and take positions on issues;
Educate and inform constituents about legislation;
- Assist constituents with government-related matters;
- Ensure that laws are administered as Congress intended;
- Exercise oversight and investigation duties as a member of various congressional committees;
Interact with the executive branch, interest groups and other levels of government; and
- Conduct oversight of my personal office and campaign.
- Introduce and Promote a Joint Resolution* for a Constitutional Amendment establishing congressional term limits. (*Click link to access Draft)
- Promote changes to Medicare and other similar laws seeking to amend “physician” to “authorized practitioner” in many instances, where “authorized practitioner” is defined to include physicians and Advanced Nurses.
- Keep you informed by posting bi-weekly progress reports on my website, and by email subscription.
- Listen to the requests of the American people and update this list as new goals develop.